Sunday, May 26, 2013

Simply vintage

Morning Crafters,

I hope you all had a better weekend than me.  My son said to me before he left the house Thursday evening to make sure I was awake at midnight as he wanted to wish me a Happy Birthday so when my mobile rang at 11:24 I thought it was just that.  Unfortunately it was that call that all parents dread when their son/daughter has only been driving a few weeks.  He said, "Mum,I've had an accident".  My iphone went dead, dam batteries on iphones, and my legs to jelly as I scrambled upstairs to find my Daughter's mobile ringing.  He went on to say he had hit a tree!  He was in 2nd gear, as he had just come off a roundabout and was on a straight and just about to change gear when he said the car started to veer to the right and he really doesn't know why it did that.  Well he knew he didn't want to be on the other side of the road, so he turned the steering wheel to the left to try and correct the car. The end result was he went up the kerb, skidded down an hill and into a tree and then fell a further 20ft. It was my car he was driving and it is a write-off, so I have a few hurdles to overcome this week.  I am soooo very thankful that they all made it out without a scratch. All his friends think he saved their lives, as he acted so cool and controlled the car.  Hubby said it would have been easy to roll it , but I don't want to think about any more scenario's as I'll be in tears again.  Needless to say my birthday was a complete washout, but I still have my Son for which I am goooo grateful.

Fortunately I had made this card before I became an emotional wreck and the theme us LLC girlies will be following this week is "paint".  A real easy one for me as I love my gesso, don't know if you have noticed  I have again used those gorgeous new Vintage Garden papers from PionDesign and speaking of which, didn't the girls do a fab job of showcasing them last week, a big WOW!



I have used a vintage image and just look at the beautiful lace prima flower, isn't it gorgeous.



I have also added some Kort and Godt rolled roses in pink, those fabulous apples and a little mini apple and some Kort and Godt hortsensia's, some pearl stamens and a shabby vintage bark heart and of course a coating of white gesso paint here and there.


A close up of the flower arrangement.
 This is the right hand side.  The little Scotts Roses ticket is from the recent Vintage Garden release, Phlox.  All links are at the end of the post as usual.  I have added a little wooden peg but of course painted it first with white gesso.
 To the top of the card I added one of the little canvas corp mini  bags and added a Magnolia Doohickey SoWrapped Lovely tag and finished off with some pink La Vie En Rose lace and finished off with a Vintage Findings Antique Jeweled  Pearl Pendant.


 And a last look

Have a good week.

Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card.So glad to hear your son and his friends are all OK
    Hugs Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Tracy, you are a true master with those details and colors! And realy glad to hear that you son is ok! Thank god its stil ages til my girls will be on the road, god bless them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Tracy. I dread those phone calls too but happy to hear your son and his friends are okay! I know your birthday was a bust but its better than "what could have been..." Thank God he didn't panick! Big hugs to you both :-)
    ~Steff~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, Tracy - thank goodness they were okay.

    Glorious card in the meantime - what fabulous work...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete