Saturday, November 10, 2012

Blizzard

Hi Everyone,
Hope you've had a crafty day! Today I've tried something I've never tried before...I'm sure most of you during your stumblings in blogland have seen a card or two by the talented Mariska. If the name doesn't ring a bell, I'm sure "3D paper piecing of stamped images" does. Mariska makes the most incredible cards, using this technique - go check out her blog, where you can also find tutorials on this subject!

So this is my humble attempt, using Molly the Elf from Saturated Canary:
The papers used are from Maja Design's new beautiful Christmas collectionI Believe Christmas Market, and Die Cut Letters (all backsides). 

Since this week's theme is snow, I scattered some Snow-Tex all around the card and on the flowers. The flower display is made up of a Shabby Chic Tulle Rose from Magnolia, a PoppyRolled Roses, Chrysantemums, and Decoration Berries from Kort & Godt, as well as some roses from stash. I love using the Melissa Frances Pom Pom Trim on winter cards. Speaking of winter; I also used some of the "Winter White" Shabby Seam Binding and tied a Snowflake Charm to the bow.

All paper edges were distressed with Walnut Stain, and for the background I used Weathered Wood. As you can see, a whole lot of Stardust Glitter on the image and lastly some "White Opal" Liquid Pearls to resemble snowflakes. Some...ok, I went a bit overboard with the Liquid Pearls, that's why it looks like she's enduring a blizzard! :-)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and please stop by for Elizabeth's post tomorrow!
Hugz,
Sandy


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Sandy! Love the flowers and the gorgeous snowflake charm! I'll be sure to check out Mariskas blog, thanks for the tip! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful colours and the image is so sweet your colouring is awesome hug sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable little card. Love the glitter and the flowers!!! I am a new follower and look forward to seeing more!

    Happy Crafting,
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete